Q. Can we bring our own food or drinks on the boat?
You are allowed to bring any type of food or drinks on board. Please note that our insurance company requires us to let you know that no personal injuries will be covered if the injured person is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Q. What if the lake is rough or weather is bad during the time of our charter?
You can choose to either cancel for a full refund or you can use the boat at dock at the rate of $150 per hour. If the Captain is willing will drive around the harbor and out to the mouth of the harbor for a lake view at no additional charge.
Q. Should we tip the Captain?
If you are pleased with the service that the Captain has provided gratuity is appreciated.
Q. What should I bring and know about being on the boat?
Here is a list of things you should know or consider
- Consider Nightingale as a luxurious living room at your home combined with a classic car, we ask that you please treat her as such.
- There is no smoking allowed in the boat. You can ask the Captain if there is a permitted location outside the boat.
- If you are prone to seasickness you should take a motion sickness pill or other form of motion sickness prevention 30 min prior to boarding the boat.
- Sometimes things get cool when out on the boat so bringing blankets, jackets or sweaters is advised.
- We have refrigeration, oven, Keurig, ice maker and microwave on the boat. No cooking is allowed on the boat due to the liability but you can reheat food.
- Please NEVER flush anything other than the toilet paper that is provided on the boat. There will be trash cans for all other forms of waste.
- We kindly ask that all people remove their shoes if not wearing proper boat shoes.
- Children 12 and under have to wear USCG approved life jackets when outside areas of the boat.
- The boat is equipped with a Control 4 Audio / Video system. You will be able to stream your own music from your device or listen to your favorite satellite radio station.
- You can swim from the boat… please bring proper beach attire and towels if you wish to do so.
Q. Can we fish from the boat?
We are sorry, there is no fishing allowed on the boat but we can recommend some very nice fishing charter vessels available.